Contact us for a quick quote on your next team building event!
Why we are Thailand's #1 Choice for Team Building Events...
- Advice and assistance on travel plans to accommodation and everything in between
- 200+ event varieties
- Based in all major cities & tropical destinations throughout Thailand
- Professional analysis and debriefing of all team events
- Charity & CSR events available
The five dysfunctions or “Five behaviours of a cohesive team”
From the executive suite to the factory floor, the Five Dysfunctions model has become the standard for eliminating the natural human tendencies which derail teamwork and create costly, organizational politics. Join the online version of this hugely popular seminar and start improving your team right away!
Originally titled “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team”, this perennial Wall Street Journal bestseller has been re-branded to focus on the positive side and is now known as “Five behaviours of a cohesive team”. This team building work shop explores the fundamental causes of organizational politics and team failure.
This seminar is conducted in an online setting specially adapted for remote and virtual teams that are bound to working from separate geographic locations and across time-zones or simply prefer to follow a seminar online versus coming together in a physical setting.
- Improve interpersonal relationships
- Save time with better communication and team buy-in
- Make high quality decisions and accomplish more as a team
- Become comfortable asking for help
- Offer support to other team members to reach common goals
- Cooperate to tap into one another’s skills and experiences
- Put critical topics on the table and have lively meetings
- Align the team around common objectives
- Retain star employees
- Clarify and understand team goals
Pricing is given per group, based on teams of 5 for completing activities. Maximum group size is restricted to 50 to maintain optimum virtual classroom management. For larger groups please consult Making Teams about multiple events. We recommend the client to form the teams in advance of the event so more time can be spend on the activities.
Location & Duration
The location for the event is online using Zoom conferencing software at a time that is most convenient to the client’s virtual team. The half day program is up to 4 hours and includes a presentation on the model and 3-5 supporting games. The full day program is up to 8 hours.
Teams will participate in a wide range of activities during the seminar designed to support the theory model going through the stages of trust, conflict, commitment, accountability and results. The event starts with a couple of ice-breakers.
Below are two example challenge instructions as provided to the teams during the activity:
“The goal of this game is to cross the minefield with the whole team first. Participants go from one side of the minefield to the other without talking and being blasted away by the mines. The minefield consists of a grid of 6 by 9 squares. One by one the team must cross safely, learning the correct route as they go.”
“The aim of this game is to move a pyramid of different sized foam blocks from one place to another. The challenge is to move the blocks one by one between only three places without ever placing a block on a smaller sized block.”
Scoring and a winning team is not applicable as this is not a competitive activity, however this may be implemented upon the client’s wishes.
Briefing and debrief
The event briefing takes place in the central video conference room. The briefing will include a short tutorial for how to use the Video Conferencing software and best practices for operating within a group video chat. i.e. muting microphones when not speaking, looking at camera when speaking etc.
After the briefing, participants will be separated into teams and invited by the facilitator to separate chat rooms, then the lead facilitator gives further instructions and objectives for the activity.
The de-brief takes place again in the central video conferencing room.
Briefing and de-brief usually take around 15 minutes each but can be extended upon request for more in-depth analysis of team performance.
- A summary customised team report of the Five Dysfunctions of a Team model and assessment of the team’s performance in each behavior
- A color report that instantly shows the teams areas of strength and weaknesses and provides clear actionable advice for overcoming identified team dysfunctions
- A simple and usable best practices and exercises section for leaders and facilitators to help encourage transformational change and improve team cohesion
- Facilitation instructions explaining how to effectively communicate and share the results with the participants