Baan Kru Noi Orphanage is a joint-project with the US embassy to financially support the orphanage. The objective is to provide moral guidance, leadership and hope for a better future for Bangkok’s slum children.
Delegates shall be taken to Baan Kru Noi orphanage by coaches or mini-vans. At the property, participants will be split into teams to engage in various activities around the orphanage.
Cleaning, painting and making a floor as well as singing, dancing and art to inspire the children for a better tomorrow.
- Give some of your skills and expertise back to the local community
- Learn handy crafts such as concrete floor making and painting and apply those skills immediately
- Auction hand-made artifacts and support the orphanage financially
- Live and enhance your cultural, social and environmental corporate values
- Show a big heart for the children of tomorrow
- Break down social barriers that hinder the poor to benefit from a globalized world
Baan KruNoi is an orphanage conveniently reached by coach from Bangkok Silom area within 30 minutes. The orphanage is lead by KruNoi who used to give 126 children shelter until she suffered stroke. Nowadays many of the children live elsewhere yet Baan KruNoi remains a refuge and social heaven for many of Bangkoks’s street children. This orphanage was founded in 1980 and some of early kids have in the meantime gained a university degree.
Depending on the season and needs of the orphanage, groups may suggest their preferred team building activities:
- Concrete flooring
- Art work (dancing, singing, painting)
- Repair work
- Making a library
- Local school
Insurance and instructor supervision at all times is an important safety factor, and in the event of an emergency of team member withdrawal, transport and medical backup will be standing by.
Pre-briefing with training and tips, and debriefing and analysis lead by instructors can form a part of the process, both to enhance the learning outcomes and experiences of the delegates, and to ensure that the team works together is empowered to overcome the challenges it faces.
Starting with a four hour half day option, this activity can be expanded to an eight hour full day event.
- Lunch or dinner in a local restaurant
- T-shirts with your logo
- Banners / Flags / Caps
- Gifts for all participants
- Photographer or Videographer
- Conference room rental and AV set up
- Extra facilitators
- Up- and downloading data with social media