Take part in your very own Olympic beach games. Compete over a series of fun team sport games, aim to collect as many 1sts as possible while improving your competitive edge and team skills and become the winners to receive your GOLD Medals!
- To encourage positive thinking, motivation and confidence
- To have an exciting, challenging and physically demanding event
- To learn about others under pressure
- To improve trust, cooperation and leadership skills
- To have an enriching, fun and enjoyable time
- To work on creativity, critical thinking and innovation
Just as in the real Olympics, various competitive and mental contests await the teams, aiming to achieve the highest possible position. Teams are challenged with a series of team games based on Olympic games with a twist to test and improve their teamwork. After the event finale, the team that performs the best is crowned Olympic Champion and bask in the gold medal glory! Teams receive their own headbands, flags and T-shirts with unique Olympic numbers.
Olympic games include a mixture of one-on-one and team versus team challenges, in a competitive format, some slightly physical others mentally challenging and each activity requires full participation of everyone in the team. The event starts with a couple of ice-breakers and finishes with an event finale.
Below are two example challenge instructions as provided to the teams during the activity:
Water Balloon Volleyball
“The goals of this game is to earn more points than the other team by throwing the water balloons into the other team’s playing field. Participants must pair up and hold a towel to catch and throw the water balloons. If the balloon falls into one team’s field, the other team receives one point. If the balloon falls outside one team’s field, that team receives one point, unless they’ve touched the balloon before it dropped, then the point goes to the opponent.”
“The goal of this game is to push each other out of the Sumo ring more times than the other team. Teams stand around the ring and one person competes with another from the opposing team by holding a yoga ball each and bumping it against the other until one touches the ground outside the ring. When that happens, one point goes to the other team and the next pair enters the ring to compete until all have competed.”
Olympic Games List:
- Water Balloon Volleyball – Teams compete against each other in this fun variation of volleyball with water filled balloons
- Water throwing relay – Teams throw seawater to each other with buckets through a course to fill up a pipe until a ball comes out
- Tied skis race – teams stand on two skis and walk in tandem to the finish
- Pool Pilates water polo – a twist on water polo whereby participants sit on a Pilates ball or other floating object
- 1 on 1 Balance Boxing – One after the other participants walk over a balance beam and try to hit each other off with a Muay Thai boxing pad
- 1 on 1 Sea Jousting – In the sea or pool, participants balance on a small island and try and hit each other off with a jousting stick
- 1 on 1 Beach Sumo – Teams aim to push each other out of the Sumo ring with a yoga ball
- Blindfold Football / Hockey – the standard football or hockey while being blindfolded
- Fun Relay Race: Participants race to complete a fun relay course of obstacles and reach the finish line first!
- Sponge ball tennis – teams compete in tennis with wet sponge balls on a small court
- Hoop relay – similar to the relay race, teams go through a series of hoops – high and low, horizontal and vertical – to reach the finish
2 on 2 Netball – team vs team with participants throwing a ball to each other and into a net or basket held by one
- Paper javelin – teams create a javelin from paper and throw it Olympic style
- Team long jump / high jump –
- Tug of War – The ultimate test of strength, teams aim to pull the other beyond the mark on the beach or in the sea
The location for the event is usually at the client’s hotel or nearby beach at walking distance of the hotel.
After each game scoring is given to each team and the sub-total is announced until the last game. Final scoring is done during the event debrief and the team with the most points is the winner and will be awarded with gold medals.
Insurance and instructor supervision at all times is an important safety factor, and in the event of an emergency of team member withdrawal, transport and medical backup will be standing by.
The event briefing and debrief takes place at the activity location. The group is separated into teams and introduced to their facilitators, then the lead facilitator gives an introduction of the event including (safety) instructions and objectives for the activity.
During the debrief, the facilitator discusses the event challenges and asks each team questions to assess their performance before announcing the winning team (if applicable).
Briefing and debrief usually take around 15 minutes each but can be extended for more in-depth analysis of team performance.
The half day program is up to 4 hours and includes up to 6 games and the full day up to 8 hours and includes up to 10 games.
Outdoor Olympic team bandanas to keep
Outdoor Olympics T-shirts with your logo
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
Lunch or dinner in a local restaurant
Banners / Flags / Caps
Gifts for all participants
Photographer or Videographer
Debrief with photo diary
Below are three options for Outdoor Olympics with different inclusions and rates all tailored to best match your budget and requirements. The Bronze option is a fixed program with few inclusions but the Silver and Gold packages include extra benefits and allow selection of some or all challenges. On the pricing page we offer further optional extras. The full day activity will have up to double the number of challenges.
All options include
One Western lead event facilitator
One bottle of water per person, first aid kits, rain coats
5 Olympic Games
One facilitator per 40 pax
5 Olympic Games
One facilitator per 20 pax
+Prizes for winning team (local handicraft or medals)
+Free photos taken by facilitator
5 Olympic Games
One facilitator per 20 pax
+Trophy for winning team
+Silver medals for 2nd team and bronze for 3rd
+Team flags to keep
+Colored headbands to use