Top chef is a highly interactive and fun team building event vaguely based on the US TV series “Top Chef”.
Instructed by Thailand’s top executive chefs, teams learn how to prepare, cook and serve Thailand’s most exquisite cuisine.
In this inspiring team building activity, teams compete against each other in various rounds, always observed, coached and judged by their Michelin-star instructor.
- Planning, communication and organization skills.
- Delegation, time management and leadership skills.
- Learning skills such as cooking, napkin folding & table set up to bring back home.
- Learn about Thai culture and cuisine.
- Funny, enjoyable and interactive afternoon.
- Getting to know your team colleagues.
In combination with the cooking challenge, the Top Chef team building activity may include optional elements such as flower decoration, napkin folding, fruit carving and formal dinner table set up.
Each challenge is carefully instructed and judged by professional hospitality staff.
Groups may select the menu they wish from the extensive list of menu items.
This team building activity normally takes place in a cooking school, a hotel kitchen or meeting room or restaurant. This can also mean being on a boat, a tropical island or the top of a sky scraper. Alternatively, clients may suggest their own location to conduct this event.
The winning team is decided by an award winning chef who will judge the food for authenticity, taste, presentation and quality.
There are no safety concerns.
Discussion and debate is the main part of the activity.
The ideal length for this activity is two hours cooking and presentation time. Trips to the market may be added and of course, spend as much time as you like after the competition enjoying your food together.
Below are menu items for Thai cuisine however western and Chinese food is possible as an extra option:
- Som Tum (Papaya Salad)
- Yum Nuea (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Yum Wunsen (Glass Noodle Salad)
- Keng Kia Wan (Green Curry with Chicken)
- Tom Yum Goong (Spicy Prawn Soup)
- Tom Ka Gai (Chicken Coconut Soup)