Top 12 Team Building Quotes at Work for Inspiration
Who doesn’t love a good quote, a catchy epigram or an insightful adage?
Words that perfectly encapsulate a message, concept, or idea find a way of sticking in our heads – it’s why inspirational leaders agonise over the wording of their slogans and speeches.
Of course, business leaders are no different. Like national leaders and activists, they need to inspire people – their remote teams in virtual meetings and team bonding sessions.
That’s why there are plenty of team-building quotes for work designed to inspire your team members.
We’ve put together a list of our favourites – see if you recognise any!
Team building quotes
There are usually a few notable themes to pinpoint in these team building quotes; they celebrate respect, collaboration, team engagement, and trust between team members – all essential traits you want to see in each team member.
These quotes suggest the perfect recipe for fantastic team morale and a productive, successful team.
Think ‘there’s no I in team’, but a little less cliché, and a little more powerful.
- “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller, activist
- “None of us is as smart as all of us.” – Ken Blanchard, author
- “No member of a crew is praised for the rugged individuality of his rowing.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson, author and philosopher
- “Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs, Apple founder
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships” – Michael Jordan, sports star
- “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants” – Isaac Newton, mathematician and physicist
- “Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.” – Henry Ford, entrepreneurial industrialist
- “Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilisation work.” – Vince Lombardi, American football coach
- “I’ve never scored a goal in my life without getting a pass from someone else.” – Abby Wambach, soccer player
- “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington, educator and author
- “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry Truman, former US President
- “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African Proverb
From sports stars to historical figures, activists to business leaders, the internet is full of web pages listing wise, inspirational quotes to encourage teamwork.
However, workplaces have changed. With virtual teams, virtual team building, virtual meetings – and all the other virtual elements that make up the virtual workplace – workers may be less willing to adopt the wise words contained within the aforementioned aphorisms.
Remote team members expect and need more than pithy remarks to be inspired at work.
That’s why team building activities in the modern workplace are more important than ever. You must engage your virtual teams through fun virtual team building as a team leader.
Feel free to sprinkle in a few team building quotes, but they need to be backed up by something a little more substantial.
Virtual team building activities
Virtual team building tools and online office games are available at Making Teams. These exercises build strong interpersonal connections in your virtual team while developing essential skillsets related to problem-solving, collaboration, and communication.
In essence, they help build the company culture you wish to cultivate with the added benefit that they are fun, engaging, and memorable for your remote teams.
The benefits of virtual team building activities from Making Teams include:
- Have fun and get to know each other team members better
- Virtual team building events that develop communication, organisation, and trust
- Fun virtual games that promote creative thinking to come up with solutions
- Gain cross-cultural awareness between remote employees
- Remote employees learn to participate and collaborate with a broader group
Project management is more complex than ever, and building productive remote teams based on team morale and job satisfaction is key to inspiration in the workplace. Virtual team building can help provide the cohesion necessary.
Let’s examine some of the specific online team building activities available to help you do this.
Virtual team building tools with Making Teams
When it comes to inspiring your virtual team, you’ll find these activities much more convincing than team building quotes.
Virtual escape rooms
Virtual teams collaborate in a race against time to escape locked virtual rooms by solving riddles and completing challenges.
Through a simple web app using basic conferencing tools, teams work together, communicating and delegating tasks efficiently.
Each team member will need to participate in this team-building exercise, and the remote teams will need to make the most of the skills they possess.
Virtual amazing race days
The Amazing Race virtual team building activity sees team members put into separate groups to compete in a series of cryptic puzzles. They need to cooperate, delegate tasks, and combine their skillsets to win the race that sees them explore the world virtually.
They will be tasked with various challenges and fact-finding missions with a variety of possible solutions, interacting in real-time with people via video call. They may need to complete a Muay Thai challenge with an instructor in Thailand or tackle Japanese puzzles in Tokyo.
The event is consistently popular as a memorable experience, providing a sense of virtual team bonding through shared globetrotting adventure.
Virtual treasure hunts
Another example of virtual meeting fun is our virtual treasure hunts that allow a remote team to explore a virtual world. Utilising VR locations, historical and fictional information, cryptic clues, and their intuition to solve puzzles, the group eventually finds the location of the treasure. That is, if they work well as a team, of course!
These virtual team-building challenges are more than just online games and icebreakers. This treasure hunt encourages meaningful interaction between the entire team as they need teamwork to complete the tasks – and will get nowhere without it!
Virtual murder mysteries
Some of our virtual team events involve an element of acting and role-play to allow remote team members to get creative.
With our online murder mystery, team members are immersed in a spellbinding storyline of crime and intrigue. They must put their sleuthing skills to the test, working collaboratively to problem-solve and evaluate evidence. In this activity, team members are encouraged to get involved and demonstrate their acting skills within the story.
Other virtual team-building events
Are you still struggling to think of an inspirational online team building activity? Let us do the hard work with our fully customisable tailor-made experiences.
Besides those listed above, we have virtual team trivia sessions, virtual werewolf games, TED education puzzle teambuilding sessions, and virtual gameshows, with more bespoke experiences in the pipeline.
As a leader, it’s your responsibility to inspire, and in the modern workplace, an inspirational quote or two simply isn’t going to cut it. We offer the best virtual team building events that take all the hassle out of team building online and will leave your remote team workers feeling energised and engaged,Reach out and start a conversation with us today to see how we can help with your virtual team building event.