Work together and compete in a globetrotting story from the convenience of your own personal working space, anywhere in the world! Explore, learn, create and be challenged together as you travel (virtually) to some of the most interesting and exotic locations around the globe using the power of online communication.
Participants are put into individual ‘race breakout rooms’ where they can discuss and delegate tasks and be connected in real time as they’re led to famous landmarks in different countries and cities in virtual scenes. They will be tasked with a variety of challenges and fact finding missions to complete in order to move on in the race. Only the quickest and most efficient working teams will be able to reach and complete them all and get to the finish point first.
- Have fun and get to know each other better
- Develop communication, organisation and trust
- Improve creativity and problem solving skills
- Encourage team participation in larger groups
- Learn new and interesting things about real world locations
- Great icebreaker for new teams
- Gain cross-cultural awareness
- Maximum group size 1000 participants
- Split into smaller teams of up to 10 in virtual breakout rooms
This event is staged online using either Zoom or MS Teams and our own Amazing Race Web App which runs directly in the browser with no installation required.
- Amazing Race length can be customized between 1 to 3 hours
- Zoom or Teams links will be sent prior to the event day
The team that reaches the finish first is the winner! Your host will be tallying team scores after each challenge throughout the event and declare the virtual race winner at the end during debrief. Alternative scoring criteria e.g. best team communicator, MVP or best leader can also be awarded if needed.
- Briefing takes place in the main room and includes a short tutorial for how to use Zoom or Teams
- Debrief takes place in the main conference room where the winning team will be announced and takes about 15 minutes
- Debrief usually take around 15 minutes each but can be extended upon request for more in-depth analysis of team performanc
Teams will be presented with a combination of live cultural challenges and cryptic challenges to complete as they traverse the virtual race route. Each challenge will usually take about 15 minutes to complete.
- Live cultural challenges – Teams interact one on one with a local artisan or expert in real time video chat in order to complete a challenge, such as learning Muay Thai from an instructor in Bangkok or learning traditional Japanese calligraphy in Tokyo.
- Cryptic cultural challenges – Teams are tasked with solving puzzles by finding information that is hidden in virtual reality scenes – including language, music, customs, popular culture and much more.
You may start and finish your event at any time you like!
If you would like warmup games before the Amazing Race, you can extend your session with our Silver or Gold Packages.
08.50 am – Room open
09.00 am – Introduction and logistics by lead facilitator
09.05 am – Ice breakers and warm up activities
09.15 am – Event brief by lead facilitator
09.20 am – Distribution of teams and start Virtual Amazing Race
10.50 am – Teams reconvene in the central conferencing room when they finish
10.50 am – Event de-brief, awarding ceremony
11.00 am – End of the program
Bring the excitement of an Amazing Race challenge to your workplace, fostering teamwork and friendly competition. With a multitude of Amazing Race challenges and Amazing Race ideas, you can create a customized experience that will leave your team feeling inspired and united.
Whether it’s a team building Amazing Race or an Amazing Race party, these immersive activities are sure to create unforgettable memories and lasting bonds among participants. Explore the possibilities and embrace the spirit of adventure with these dynamic and exciting Amazing Race party ideas.